Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Episode XI: Atlanta Chop House & Brewery (ATL)

For any of you that have ever had to connect in the Atlanta airport (every person alive) this Reuben is for you. The Atlanta Chop House & Brewery located outside security in the main atrium is a great place to kill some time. I went with a group of fans and it was Reubens all around, except for the hipster kid at the end of the table who was too cool to go along with it.


Reuben
"Corned beef, Swiss cheese, Stout sauerkraut, and ancho remoulade on grilled marbled rye."


Appreance - (4.5/5.0)
Very impressive looking Reuben. I appreaciate the fact that they took the time to cut it and show off the goods inside. Can you see the stringy cheese stretching from side to side? It almost looks like a club sandwich. They layered the corned beef and sauerkraut to make the sauerkraut look like an extra piece of bread. I may have to email the chef to see if they do that on purpose.  The only thing keeping this score from going even higher is the toothpicks. I am on a crusade to eliminate toothpicks from sandwiches.






Quality of Ingredients - (4.7/5.0)
I don't know what ancho remoulade is but I like it. It gave the Reuben a kick but it still tasted like a Reuben. The Swiss cheese was stringy and was not lost in the rest of the sandwich. The rye had a pop thanks to the plentiful caraway seeds. There was no weak link with this Reuben.


Price - (4.1/5.0)
This one came in at $10.79. The reason it cracks 4.0 with this price was the portion. It was big enough to look like a club and I actually took half of it home for dinner. The place was nice and you kind of feel like you are in a steakhouse. I also get a discount for being an airline employee so that helps.


Je Ne Sais Quoi - (4.6/5.0)
The perfectly stringy melted Swiss cheese got me here. Sometimes it feels like the Swiss cheese is M.I.A. in a Reuben, but that was not the case here.


Taste - (9.5/10.0)
This Reuben really did have it all. Each component stood well on its own and the ancho really
brought it all together. I know it has been almost a month since the last post but I think it was worth the wait.


Overall - (27.4/30.0)
I think this is the highest score yet. No complaints, except the toothpick. It is almost harder to write this blog when nothing on the sandwich went wrong.

I have been surprised by how many of my friends have told me they have never even had a Reuben. Maybe it is a generational thing because all of the old people I know have had one. So for those Reuben virgins that are still out there, go try one! Click to add a blog post for Atlanta Chophouse on Zomato Atlanta Chophouse

No comments:

Post a Comment