Friday, March 1, 2013

Episode II - Porter Beer Bar (ATL)



Porter Beer Bar in Little 5 Points neighborhood of Atlanta is the latest stop.

Reuben
"Corned beef, house-made sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, marbled rye"
Looks like a traditional sandwich coming.


Appearance - (4.1/5.0)
The sandwich itself did not have a wow factor and I think it is because the marbled rye was not really, well marbled. I did like the melted cheese coming out of it though. When the plate came out the fries stole the show. Which is great but this is a sandwich blog.




Quality of Ingredients - (4.0/5.0)
Have to go back to the bread on this one. Not a lot of though went into it. It was not toasted well enough. The cheese was great and there was plenty of it. The Russian dressing was excellent but it was on the side for some reason. I ended up dipping the fries in it.

The house-made sauerkraut was solid but I would not have known it was house-made.  How do you even make sauerkraut?  Finally the corned beef was awesome, very tender.


Price - (4.0/5.0)
This one put me back $9.95.  The fries saved it from getting a lower score.  The bar was nice but pushing $10 is not a good thing.


Je Ne Sais Quoi - (3.8/5/0)
The overflowing cheese was a great touch but again I found myself distracted by the fries. The atmosphere of the bar was very cool without being hip.  It seemed like lots of folks from the neighborhood and a place where you would run into a friend.


Taste - (8.7/10.0)
I liked it, was not raving but it was good.  The individual ingredients were good but they did not come together as I thought they would.  I think it is because the dressing that usually literally and figuratively holds the sandwich together was on the side.


Overall - (24.6/30.0)
Not bad. I am not sure if I would order it again there.  The burgers my friends had looked really good.


The Porter Beer Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment